The Gallagher Factor
Sunday, August 15, 2004
 
Dogs, Wonderwalls & BEST SONGS EVER - Yes, it's Singles Review Time!
This week is absolutely amazing for single releases. Do you know how many acts are releasing thier very own personal Wonderwalls? Do you know how many are 5 Dog Classics? Do you know how many are the BEST SONGS EVER?? Well, we're about to tell you.

Alcazar - This Is The World We Live In


I still haven't figured out where the second guy came from. I was actually a fan of Alcazar way back in the day when I was the only person in this goddamn, er fantastic Olympically spirited country to buy Crying At The Discoteque. And I thought their cover of Don't You Want Me was 90% as good as the original. But - on to this song! I really wish I didn't call every second song I hear 'song of the year', because this time it's true.



Emma Bunton - Maybe


Well, I first 'reviewed' this almost a year ago. In fact, it came second in last years, Top 40 Songs Of The Year:
1. No Good Advice - Girls Aloud
2. Maybe - Emma Bunton
3. Lost Without You - Delta Goodrem

But, of course, HERE it's released today. I'm completely over it by now, but I still recognise that it's a 5 dog classic.



JC Chasez - All Day Long I Dream About Sex


It really is a Human League song, isn't it?



Darren Hayes - Popular


The inspiration for our new 'design'. Get disc one with the b-side 'Touch' as it is quite extreme.



Millsy - Every Single Day


It's not very good actually.



Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved


Courtney sang this on Oz Idol, and it was performance of the series for me so far. Maroon 5's 'original' isn't as good, but it's definitely as close as they've come to having a Wonderwall so far.



Lou Reed - Satalite Of Love/Walk On The Wildside 2004


Satalite Of Love is actually my favourite 'olden days' song of all time. Not Walk On The Wildside though, I prefer Marky Mark's version. But, I haven't heard this 'remix' so I didn't purchase it. And hence, I still haven't heard it. But I give the original:


And that is THAT. The most bonza day for single releases ever.
Comments:
Hannah says:

Emma Bunton - Maybe
Oh yeah, 5 dogs.

JC Chasez - All Day Long I Dream About Sex
Heard it...twice. 1 dog.

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
I still can't see what it interesting about this song - I find myself needing to change channel or station when I hear it. 2 dogs.

Lou Reed - Satalite Of Love/Walk On The Wildside 2004
Satellite of Love is rather interesting actually. I can't remember what I gave it before, probably 3 and a half dogs but now it's been played so much I'm a little bit sick of it.

As for the others, I haven't heard them!

PS. You nicked my feature :P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger