The Gallagher Factor
Saturday, August 21, 2004
 
For Pete's Sake


Ok, I hate Pete Murray again. He is not worth 5 Wheels Stu! He is worth minus Wheels!

Last night he 'guest programmed' Rage, and he was so freaking BORING. Before every 3-4 songs or so, you are allowed to talk about the clip that is about to be shown, and you are supposed to either:

a)Play it totally cool, (ie, 'Yeah...this is a clip by [____]... It's pretty cool')
or
b)Tell an amusing anecdote about your relationship with the song. If you are in a band, you may have some 'banter'.

But Pete managed to be the opposite of both those things. He was patently uncool and completely uniteresting.

From what I can remember, he told us that:

- He saw the Sunnyboys live on the Gold Coast - once!
- It wasn't the original line-up though! (unfortunately!)
- Powderfinger are 'probably' one of Australia's best bands!
- It took him a little while to get into The Strokes!
- He was skeptical of the hype!


At least now we know that Pete is unwilling to get into acts when he is skeptical of their hype though. I wonder how he is feeling about the upcoming tour with Missy Higgins...he is probably quite skeptical of all her hype. It will probably take him a little while to get into her, I would guess. He is quite wary, Pete.

(NB: Rage guest progammers are never that interesting, in all fairness. I was just in the mood for some Pete Bashing. And he was more boring that the average presenter.)
Comments:
Actualy, before the Radiohead song he just did the 'I'm Pete Murray, and you're watching Rage' thing, which I thought was a bit of a waste.

The only redeeming clip of the night I thought was Oasis.
 
Pete Murray? Boring? Hehe

Bless him, he's probably a lovely bloke but I just wish he'd stop being so damn affable! I wonder who the next big Aussie solo rock star will be? Hopefully someone unafraid to display some personality or opinions or spirit.

Daniel Belle?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger